All of the buildings of old Nieuw Amsterdam are long gone, but these stepped gables offer an educated guess of what the whole colony probably looked like. The most impressive building the Dutch built was the Stadt Huys, originally built in 1641 as a tavern, on the other side of the square. An imposing five-story building, it was the tallest in town and, as the city hall, the most important.
13–15 SOUTH WILLIAM STREET NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance