Some people say they’d like to live in a lighthouse, and others dream of inhabiting a castle. Although this is neither, it has all the qualities of both”and it is standing empty. This was originally one of the pumping stations of the New Croton Aqueduct, successor to the smaller original pipeline from the upstate reservoirs that went into service in 1842. It is one of several surviving Gatehouses, but few of the others stir the imagination quite like this one does.
135TH STREET GATEHOUSE NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance