These houses are among the last survivors of the early Federal-Style homes that dominated the city in the first quarter of the nineteenth century. The wrought iron work (including the boot scrapers) is all original, as are the paneled doorways. Later, houses in the style eliminated the dormer windows from the top floor, which was reserved for the use of the servants and the family’s children.
4–10 GROVE STREET NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance