Established in 1736, this is the oldest municipal hospital in the United States, and one of the largest. Until the 1950s, when it had 2,700 beds, it was by far the biggest hospital in New York before being eclipsed by mergers of other large medical institutions. Among the firsts in Bellevue’s history are the first cesarean section performed in the United States, the first use of hypodermic syringes, and the first hospital-owned ambulance service.
BELLEVUE HOSPITAL CENTER NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance