This loft building had a mansard roof until 1892, when it was replaced by four more floors of work space, providing more income for its owner, James Gordon Bennett, better known as the owner of the New York Herald. It began as a seven-story office building, was enlarged with a four-story addition, and then expanded again two years later with an extension on the Ann Street side. The three stages blend together seamlessly, making it the tallest cast-iron building in the city.
BENNETT BUILDING NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Click on Photos for Next BENNETT BUILDING NEW YORK Gallery Images