Bialystoker Synagogue New York

Native stone called Manhattan schist is used in the fa§ade of this nineteenth-century building that was built for the Willett Street Methodist Episcopal Church. It was converted to a synagogue in 1905 to serve a congregation that had been formed twenty-seven years earlier in Bialystok, a part of the Russian Empire that is now Poland, and that remained together after emigrating to New York.


Bialystoker Synagogue

Photos at Bialystoker Synagogue - Lower East Side - New York, NY

The Bialystoker Synagogue

... SYNAGOGUE, Lower East Side | | Forgotten New YorkForgotten New York

Photos at Bialystoker Synagogue - Lower East Side - New York, NY

Leave a Reply