This building was severely damaged in a 1990 fire that destroyed some of its priceless windows by William Jay Bolton, America’s first stained glass maker, several of which have thankfully survived. Always a socially active church, it opened a soup kitchen in 1982, and has since become the largest such facility in the city. The day after the fire, the kitchen opened as usual in the gutted church and served more than 900 meals.
CHURCH OF THE HOLY APOSTLES NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance