Contemporary Style Homes Best 10+ Contemporary Style Home Ideas
After the Postmodern and Deconstructivist movements of the seventies and eighties, a different kind of dynamic modern style developed that can best be described as Contemporary. More expressive in terms of form, function and the use of materials, this style features a diversity of materials and finishes, such as pitched sheet metal or concrete roof tiles in combination with flat concrete roofs.
Contemporary Style Homes Best 10+ Contemporary Style Home Ideas Photo Gallery
Walls are a combination of glass, brick or stone panels alternating to express a functional interaction between internal and external spaces.
The clever interaction of the structure sometimes creates the effect of a floating balcony floor or a floating roof, extracted from the solid structure by seemingly invisible glass panels, which in turn create variable internal volumes. Solid wall panels can be pierced with small windows to create a rhythm of light holes in a wall.
The use of either wood or aluminium successfully completes the intricate combination of materials used in this style.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance