Decorating Ideas For Split Level Homes
Floor area 507 m2 Bedrooms 4 Bathrooms 3 Levels 2
Roof finish – concrete/clay roof tiles Wall finish – plaster and paint Overall dimensions 25.00 x 17.31 m Lounge 4.93 x 3.40 m Dining room 4.68 x 4.46 m Kitchen 6.23 x 2.89 m
Main bedroom 4.50 x 4.20 m Bedrooms 2 and 3 – 4.50 x 4.18 m Patio 9.37 x 4.50 m
This is a spacious, four-bedroom, double-storey house ideal for a big family that entertains a lot. Most of the bedrooms and living areas are north facing to capture maximum light and sun in cooler seasons.
The western entrance leads to an impressive double-volume hallway, a sweeping curved staircase to the first floor and the dining room.
The double-volume dining room has a fireplace and leads to a covered patio.
Decorating Ideas For Split Level Homes Photo Gallery
An open-plan lounge, with a bay window, and an entertainment area are connected by a central fireplace and lead onto the patio, which has a built-in braai.
A walkway leads from the hallway to the dining room, kitchen and the main bedroom.
The kitchen has a stove, prep bowl, space for a fridge/freezer, a fireplace and space for a central kitchen table. It has a separate walk-in pantry and a scullery with a back door leading to the kitchen yard and the maid’s room and bathroom with a bath, toilet and washbasin.
The main bedroom, with a door leading into the garden, is situated on the eastern side of the patio. It has a walk-in dressing room and an en suite bathroom with an oval-shaped bath, shower, vanity top with two basins and a toilet set apart with a vanity top.
The triple garage has two doors, one leading to the kitchen yard and the other into the hallway. The guest toilet has a vanity top with a basin.
The staircase leads to an open-plan lobby, study and family room
The first floor comprises of the following:
• The family room that looks onto the double-volume dining room and has access to the balcony.
• The study, which has two built-in desktops and is ideal for the family computer.
• The north-facing guest bedroom, which has access to a shared balcony and an en suite bathroom with a bath, toilet and vanity top with a basin.
• Bedroom two, which is north facing and has access to the shared balcony.
• A walk-in linen room and bathroom three, which are situated between bedrooms two and three.
• Bathroom three with a bath, corner shower, toilet and vanity top with a basin.