Although its height of 1,250 feet no longer qualifies it as the world’s tallest building, this tower still offers the best skyscraper views in this or any other city. It was dedicated at the height of the Great Depression and its 2 million square feet of space remained half empty for a dozen years, until wartime prosperity helped fill the empty offices. Officially, the Empire State Building is 102 stories tall, but only eighty-five floors are rentable commercial space. The rest is an observation deck and a cupola that was intended for use as a mooring mast for dirigibles, and served as a perch for the great ape, King Kong, in the movie of the same name.
EMPIRE STATE BUILDING NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance