Now reopened after having been closed for nearly twenty years, this Sheepshead Bay landmark hasn’t lost a bit of its original boisterousness and would-be patrons still hover over diners hoping to claim their seats. One ot the best seafood restaurants anywhere in the city, Lundy’s served more than 15,000 people a day at the height of its popularity during the 1950s. It was founded in 1920 by Frederick William Irving Lundy and his brothers, taking advantage of the abundance of fish and clams from Sheepshead Bay across the street. Before it closed in 1979 because of its owner’s failing health, it employed 220 waiters who never seemed to stop running. Until it finally reopened, millions of Brooklynites and Long Islanders were in deep mourning for their favorite Sunday pastime.