Finds And Feathers Whatever Your Pet Here’s How to Enjoy Your Garden With Them
Pets and plants go hand in hand when it comes to feeling good. Gardening is known for its physical and mental health benefits, while pets are said to lower blood pressure and reduce stress. So, here are three things you can do this month to make your outside space even more enjoyable for you and your animals. Turn up the feel good.
1 LOVE YOUR LAWN A
lovely lawn not only looks good, it’s a great place for a game of fetch with your dog, plus it’s a soft and warm place where you can both relax in warmer weather. Go artificial and it’ll be maintenance-free and easy to clean too! Try quickgrass.co.uk, from £8/m2.
2 ADD HEIGHT
Cats love to climb trees and sit up high so if you don’t have any in your garden, consider a tall outdoor scratch post with platforms instead. Try the weatherproof Karlie Outdoor Cat Tree, £159.99 zooplus.co.uk
3 GET PLANTING
Rosemary, lavender, honeysuckle and sage are all pet-friendly plants and will fill the air with delicious scent.
CATS AND BIRDS
Don’t usually mix but this steel wire Tooarts Cat Shaped Bird Feeder will have them flocking, £11.99 amazon.co.uk.
It’s National Pet Month (April 1-May 10), with lots of fun events being held to celebrate the benefits pets bring to our lives. Why not get involved and host a fund-raising party or pet show in your garden? Find out more at nationalpetmonth.org.uk It’s celebration time!
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Use a Slatted Fence Panel to Create More Room for Blooms and Zone Your Plot
- Hot July Days Call For Swathes of These Pretty Pincushion Blooms and Clouds of Butterﬂies Who’ll Enjoy The Necdar Feast
- Add Lashings of Colour With New Varieties of These Easy Care Blooms That’ll Last all Summer Long
- Use These Breezy Leaves and Fluffy Flowerhads to Bring a Modern Flourish to Your Garden
- Getting GREAT-LOOKING GRASS has never been easier thanks to STIHL!