The Christian Science Society of New York was incorporated in 1887, and moved into this building sixteen years later. This structure is built of granite imported, like the religion itself, from New England. This was one of the first of the so-called skyscraper churches that included not only space for worship, but rooms for social activities as well. There is a fascinating example of a church within a skyscraper on the other side of West 96th Street, where an apartment tower completely surrounds a Presbyterian church.
FIRST CHURCH OF CHRIST, SCIENTIST NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance