ARCHITECT: Richard Harrison
Developed by William T. Grant and designed by architect Richard Harrison, Seven Lakes Country Club was the first gated community with a golf course in Palm Springs. There are a total of 342 homes in the complex and 15 swimming pools. Architect William F. Cody designed the clubhouse, which was completed in 1966. Seven Lakes Country Club closely resembles the Sandpiper development in Palm Desert (William Krisel, 1958) in both layout and design, including the use of shadow blocks and clerestory windows, and the siting of homes around multiple swimming pools. The builders of Seven Lakes were given a complete set of Sandpiper plans from Krisel to be used by Harrison as a template for Seven Lakes. Former president Dwight D. Eisenhower played golf regularly on the eighteen-hole course.
French country interior design ideas Photo Gallery