How do I help my tree?
QHow do I help my Christmas tree to stop shedding needles? Cathy Reeve, by email
A There are two easy ways to avoid this. The first is to pay extra and buy a non-shedding variety such as Nordmann Fir’. As well as
staying on the tree for longer, the needles lack the sharp spine at the tip.
The other way is to keep your tree fresh and healthy. That’s difficult with trees lifted or sawn too early and then stored long before Christmas. So try to buy a specimen that still has roots, and use a local tree grower if you know one.
Keep your tree outside until just before the festivities. Conifers absorb water through foliage, so sprinkle yours from time to time until you bring it indoors. Then plant it in a big pot or place the severed stem in a bucket of water disguised with attractive paper or decorations.
Garden designs dublin Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance