This Queen Anne structure is one of New York’s earliest mixed-use buildings. Its first two floors served as Gorham’s retail store, but the rest was used as bachelor apartments. It had become an entirely commercial building by 1912, when remodeling by John H. Duncan removed its corner tower and added dormers to the roof. Today it is a cooperative apartment building with stores at the sidewalk level.
GORHAM SILVER COMPANY BUILDING NEW YORK Photo Gallery