Home Decorating Ideas 2018
Roof finish – concrete roof tiles Wall finish – plaster and paint Lounge 4.90 x 3.40 m Dining room 4.70 x 4.50 m Main bedroom 4.50 x 4.20 m Bedrooms 2 and 3 – 4.50 x 4.20 m Patio 9.40 x 4.50 m Overall dimensions 22.20 x 17.30 m
This is a spacious, four-bedroom, double-storey house. All living areas and bedrooms are north facing to capture maximum light and sun in cooler seasons.
The southern entrance hall leads to the open-plan dining room and lounge, which has a built-in fireplace. The lounge and dining room lead onto the large covered patio, which has a built-in braai and prep bowl, ideal for entertaining.
The one side of the entrance hall leads to the north-facing guest bedroom, toilet and study.
The guest bedroom has access to the covered patio, built-in cupboards and an en suite bathroom with a bath and a vanity top with a basin. The guest toilet is next to the study.
Home Decorating Ideas 2018 Photo Gallery
The study, with direct access from the entrance hall, is south facing with a built-in wall unit.
The open-plan kitchen and living room, on the western side of the house, lead onto the covered patio. The kitchen has a breakfast nook, prep bowl, oven, space for a fridge/freezer, walk-in pantry and a separate scullery, which leads to the kitchen yard and staff toilet.
The garage, with space for three cars and a storage area, is linked to the house through the hallway. The first floor comprises the following:
• A passage with a southern balcony, which links all the bedrooms, bathrooms, linen room and playroom.
• The playroom, which has access to the large balcony.
• The main bedroom, on the western side of the house, which has access to the balcony, a built-in safe, walk-in dressing room and an en suite bathroom with a shower, bath, separate toilet and vanity top with two basins.
• Bedrooms two and three, both with built-in cupboards and access to the balcony.
• The third bathroom, which has a bath, shower, vanity top with a basin and a separate toilet.