This house was built as the residence of William Sloane, president of the W. & J. Sloane furniture store. Today it houses the cultural division of the Italian Consulate, which has been located in the mansion next door since 1952. All of the impressive mansions on this wonderful block were built right after the railroad tracks that had previously run down the center of what is now Park Avenue were covered.
ISTITUTO ITALIANO DI CULTURA NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Click on Photos for Next ISTITUTO ITALIANO DI CULTURA NEW YORK Gallery Images