This was originally the home of Felix and Frieda Warburg, whose fortune was made through the Wall Street firm of Kuhn, Loeb & Company. Among its original furnishings was a pipe organ that was outfitted with piano rolls, much like the band organs on carousels. Mrs. Warburg gave the house to the Jewish Museum in 1944, and it has since been expanded to more than twice its original size in a seamless reconstruction.
THE JEWISH MUSEUM NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Click on Photos for Next THE JEWISH MUSEUM NEW YORK Gallery Images