Living Rooms Designs Small Space
All measurements include Winch seam allowance.
1. Measure and mark 12 squares, each 2Vi by 2xh inches on the wrong side of the white fabric (3 rows of 4 squares each).
2. Draw a diagonal line through all squares.
3. With right sides facing, pin the white fabric to the same size print fabric.
4. Stitch inch on each side of the diagonal lines, through both thicknesses.
5. Cut on all solid lines. Press. You’ll have 24 squares made from print and white triangles.
To make patchworks: You can arrange the squares so the triangles all go in the same direction or in different directions.
1. With right sides facing, stitch 2 squares together along one side edge. Next, join another square in the same way.
2. Make 8 rows of 3 squares each.
3. With right sides facing, stitch 2 rows together along the bottom edge. Continue to join rows in this way. Press.
To make hearts: Trace a heart shape and cut out. Note: A heart-shaped cookie cutter can be used to draw a pattern.
1. Pin the pattern to the muslin and cut 1 for each ornament.
2. Pin the pattern to the patchwork and cut 1 for each ornament.
To finish: With right sides facing, pin the patchwork top to the muslin backing piece and stitch all around, leaving the top center open for turning and stuffing.
1. Clip around seam allowance and turn right side out. Stuff firmly.
2. Fold the ribbon in half to create a hanging loop and insert the raw ends into the center of the top. Slipstitch opening closed. You might want to make a small bow and stitch or glue it at this spot.