This Gothic castle houses a private elementary and secondary school that was founded in 1854 as the Brooklyn Female Academy. It became co-educational in 1972. The building and its chapel are impressive, but the real beauty here is in its prize-winning Alumnae Garden. In 1919, Packer’s college division, since discontinued, became the first junior college to be approved by the State Board of Regents. The Annex around the corner on Clinton Street was originally St. Ann’s Episcopal Church, designed by James Renwick, Jr.