This was a simple Gothic Revival brownstone until actor Edwin Booth bought it to convert it into an actors’ club. Stanford White added the two-story porch, the great wrought-iron lanterns, and the graceful iron railings. Booth’s statue, in the character of Hamlet, by Edmond T. Quinn, stands across the street in Gramercy Park.
THE PLAYERS NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance