This pair of houses was built by Mrs. James Roosevelt. She herself lived in the eastern half, while her son, Franklin D. Roosevelt, lived in its twin with his wife, Eleanor. This was where FDR recovered from polio, confined to a fourth-floor bedroom for more than a year in 1921 and 1922. The houses are now owned by Hunter College.
SARA DELANO ROOSEVELT MEMORIAL HOUSE NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance