Influenced by London’s Church of St. Martin’s in the Fields, this is the oldest church building in Manhattan. George Washington worshipped here, in fact. Originally built as an outpost of Trinity Parish at the edge of the city, its front door was made to face the churchyard on the east side because no one knew that Broadway would ever amount to anything. The steeple was added in 1796, but beyond that the church is unchanged from the day it opened.
ST. PAUL’S CHAPEL NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Click on Photos for Next ST. PAUL’S CHAPEL NEW YORK Gallery Images