This high Victorian Gothic church is more interesting on the inside. The pulpit is set halfway down the nave, and there is a double row of pews directly in front of it to allow the clergy and acolytes to hear the sermons, which is difficult from the sanctuary. It is known as St. Paul’s of Brooklyn to distinguish it from St. Paul’s Flatbush. At the time the two parishes were formed, Flatbush was a separate town. It joined the City of Brooklyn in 1894.
ST. PAUL’S CHURCH OF BROOKLYN NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Click on Photos for Next ST. PAUL’S CHURCH OF BROOKLYN NEW YORK Gallery Images