This is the most prominent structure in Marble Hill, which is technically a part of Manhattan. It was once geographically in Manhattan, but was cut off in 1895, when the Harlem River Ship Canal was built to connect the Harlem and Hudson Rivers. At that time, this former marble quarry became an island itself, bounded by the canal and Spuyten Duyvil Creek. It became part of the mainland after the creek was filled in 1938.
ST. STEPHEN’S UNITED METHODIST CHURCH NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Click on Photos for Next ST. STEPHEN’S UNITED METHODIST CHURCH NEW YORK Gallery Images