This is a bit of old Armenia writ large on Second Avenue. An adaptation of the small Romanesque churches of Asia Minor, its gold dome dominates the streetscape for several blocks uptown. The tenfoot bronze sculpture, Descent from the Cross, in the cathedral’s plaza is by Reuben Nakian. It is an abstract translation of the Rubens painting, Raising of the Cross, in Antwerp.
ST. VARTAN CATHEDRAL NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance