Now a National Historic Site, this house is not where young Teddy Roosevelt spent his boyhood, but it is a very close facsimile. The original house was demolished while Roosevelt was still alive. After demolishing the uncle’s house next door, the Women’s Roosevelt Memorial Association commissioned Theodate Pope Riddle, one of America’s first female architects, to reconstruct the late president’s birthplace as it had been in 1865, when Teddy Roosevelt was seven years old.
THEODORE ROOSEVELT BIRTHPLACE NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance