The Tuscan style has borrowed certain elements from the romantic and rustic building styles of the Tuscan countryside in Italy, and has been adapted in various versions for the South African market. The essence of the style comprises a pitched, tiled roof in a multi-coloured clay or concrete roof tile, with minimum overhangs with some decorative brick corbel work. Detailed plasterwork, such as a plinth and bands around window openings painted in a darker colour, add a classical feel to the design. The external walls are painted in ochre colours that blend well with wooden or dark aluminium window frames. Structural columns with classical designs serve as decorative elements at entrances and on balconies. Balustrades are often in ornate steel to enhance the classical feeling of the structure.
Traditional Style Townhouses Best 10+ Traditional Style Home Ideas
The Traditional style is a plain, economic, conservative style with pitched, tile or sheet-metal roofing, a combination of face-brick and plastered wall finishes, and steel, wood or aluminium window frames. The plan is usually quite simple to allow for an economical roof design.
Tuscan Style Townhouses Best 10+ Tuscan Style Home Ideas Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance