This liberal arts college was founded in Rochester, NY, as the Lutheran Pro-Seminary. In 1918, it moved here to the eighty-six-acre former Cunard estate, formerly owned by a branch of the steamship family, and was renamed in honor of George Wagner, an important donor. The school kept its Lutheran affiliation until the early 1990s. The site is at the top of Grymes Hill, 370 feet above sea level. It is to the north of a valley, called the Clove, which became the right-of-way of the Staten Island Expressway.
WAGNER COLLEGE NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Click on Photos for Next WAGNER COLLEGE NEW YORK Gallery Images