This ornate building was originally the headquarters of the Seaman’s Bank for Savings. The architect made good use of his client’s long association with the harbor by commissioning three large murals by Ernest Peixotta to trace the history of the port, then decorated the banking room and the Romanesque fa§ade with representations of ships and mermaids, dolphins, and other iconography of the sea. If it weren’t a bank, you might say that the design is .
WILLIAMSBURGH SAVINGS BANK NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance