The now-destroyed 110-story stainless steel Twin Towers were, at 1,350 feet, the tallest buildings in the world for a couple of weeks when they were finished in 1974, until an upstart in Chicago called the Sears Tower topped them by 104 feet. But the World Trade Center was more than just a pair of monoliths, it was seven buildings connected by a vast underground concourse and a wide windswept plaza at ground level. The sixteen-acre site now known as Ground Zero is expected to be cleared of debris by the summer of 2002.
WORLD TRADE CENTER NEW YORK Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Front Entrance Feature Laminates From EDL
- BE ENTHRALLED AND INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS ON SHOW
- How To Choose And Maintain The Most Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Get Your Basic Storage Principles Right In Two Of The Most Visited Places In The Kitchen
- Keep To A Single Shade Or Colour Palette To Ensure A Clean And Cohesive Appearance